You’ve got the lights, the wreaths, the garlands, the tinsel, the mistletoe, the tree. You’ve got all the fixings to get the house ready for the holidays.
But if you want to breathe some new life into your seasonal décor, consider decking the halls with some holiday houseplants from these Dublin-area retailers.
1. Ivy topiaries, like this one from Oakland Nurseries and reindeer topiaries from Baker’s Village Garden Center, are great for decorating because they come in so many shapes.
2. This potted rosemary, a fantastic herb for cooking and baking, from Cedarbrook Landscaping and Garden Center comes wrapped with a strand of LED lights.
3. Perennial greenhouse cyclamen, available at Baker’s, are known for their gorgeous blooms. Keep one in a east-facing window for bright, indirect light and you’ll be able to enjoy its flowers for winters to come.
4. Club mosses, available at Oakland Nurseries, come in a variety of colors – and no combination is as holiday-appropriate as the green-and-red moss.
5. Maidenhair ferns are the most popular ferns sold at Baker’s Village Garden Center. They’re a great choice for indoor hanging baskets.
6. Why limit yourself to trees? Christmas Cacti, sold at Oakland Nurseries and Strader’s Garden Center, can’t be loaded with tinsel, but will flower just in time for Christmas and spruce up any room.
7. Add a tropical touch to your Yuletide décor with a Norfolk Island Pine, available at both Oakland and Strader’s. These festive plants are very popular alternatives to the traditional Christmas tree.