1. Kathy Griffin (April 6, 8 p.m.)
Ohio Theatre, 39 E. State St.
Comedian, actor and author Kathy Griffin brings her stand-up show to central Ohio for one night only. http://www.capa.com
2. Columbus Cupcake Challenge! (April 10, 7-9 p.m.)
Camelot Cellars, 958 N. High St.
This first-ever event will see six central Ohio cupcake bakers compete to see whose product is the best – and attendees are welcome to try free samples or buy some cupcakes to take home. http://www.camelotcellars.com
3. Stephen Lynch (April 11, 8 p.m.)
Capitol Theatre, Riffe Center, 77 S. High St.
Lynch describes himself as “a comedian trapped in the body of a musician.” http://www.catcoistheatre.org
4. Columbus Jazz Orchestra presents Piano Men: The Music of Billy Joel, Elton John & Stevie Wonder (April 11-14)
Southern Theatre, 21 Main St.
Vocalist Chester Gregory and pianist Dave Powers join the orchestra to play some of the biggest hits of the titular “piano men,” from “Rocket Man,” “Isn’t She Lovely” and “Just the Way You Are” to “Your Song,” “Sir Duke” and “Piano Man.” http://www.jazzartsgroup.org
5. Lowell Tolstedt: Recent Works and Ohio Still Life Painters (April 12 – June 14)
Keny Galleries, 300 E. Beck St.
Color drawings, goldpoints and silverpoints by still-life artist Tolstedt are accompanied by a variety of still-lifes by Ohio artists from 1865 to 1945. http://www.kenygalleries.com